Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Footprint


I walked along the lonely yet beautiful path of life
too blissfully immersed in my colourful moods
enjoying the comforts and luxuries of my successes
embracing the inevitable failures within

I know not when i reached the site the road bare and yellow stretched ahead
till the place where it diverged into two dimensions
daring me to take a decision 

One road lurched off to the right
lush green grass like a carpet grew
flowers and fruits were in abundance found
bluebirds welcomed all with their sweet sound

As i turned towards the left all I could see was a road cold and bare
on it lay strew the sands of time
in which the serpent hath made its snare

I saw thousands of souls flitting past
thousands of footprints on the green grass
but only one footstep had defied all
and gone towards the devils lair

I wondered who that daring was
and who had such a steely heart
to shrug off the tempting sights
and veer off into the unknown path

I cried out to the master aloud
oh! make me brave like that fearless soul
saying this gathering my wits around
I braved my stride to the barely known

The serpent shied away from my feet
I strode on bravely never looking bleak
till I reached the end and looked back
at the same set of footprints on the sand

The sky then turned a brilliant hue
Out of the air god cried out
that daring person was none but me
I carry the valiant in their sorrow spree


No comments:

Post a Comment