Sunday, October 23, 2011

Agony of a Hopeful Soul


Standing at the end of the world,
I watch the crimson rays,
fading from the world so fast,
feel like they will never come again.


As each ray wipes out for eternity,
all of humanity cries out,
there comes the end with the end of the day,
this earth is doomed love is not to stay.


While glittering raindrops took the form,
of rebellious tears for many years,
jagged thunder and violent storms,
mirrored the torment of my peers.


I try to push reality away,
and shield myself under the shield of lies,
and search but in vain in the crowd to find,
the one who believes there's still hope for life.


Shaken to the core,shocked into silence,
as logic wins in sinks the violence,
a despairing feeling tiptoed into my conscience,
and the void around me numbed my awareness.


Then suddenly a power rose out from the earth,
and from the darkness a light came forth,
shattering  the dark sphere all around,
the power humans call hope.


Hope - The single hand of a friend amidst hostility.
Hope - The power that makes the world go round.
Hope - The power that makes a soul hang on forever,
            forever to the love all around

No comments:

Post a Comment